Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Alienware laptop on the way back!

Looks like my latest round at the Depot of Alienware is coming to a close. For those joining the fun, I bought a brand new Alienware 7700 this spring and, so far, it's not lived up to expectations. After waiting a month for it to build, I had it for under a month before the screen died. Had to ship it back to Alienware, who replaced it.

Then had it for a few months before very random hangs started when USB peripherals were attached. Rebuilt the OS from the RAID array up, did bios, worked for a solid 10 hours with tech support - thought we had it fixed, nope. Back to the Depot for more repairs.

Now its on the way back. I'm not sure if I'm excited or apprehensive. This'll be the 3rd or 4th time that I've had to do a complete reinstall of all apps and settings. I'm tempted to put my user profile on the external drive so that if it dies again, I'll be backed up....

.... that's probably overkill. Maybe hourly backups instead.

No comments: