Sunday, October 23, 2005

Lessons learned...

It's good, after you get done beating yourself up for not folding, to review the game. I placed in the top 25% of the tournament, not bad for my first attempt at one. I played well, up until that last hand.

I learned quickly the way the table played and adjusted, not losing my cool or going on tilt over badly played hands - recovering and moving forward. My luck held, and I was able to double up and get back into things.

Everything that will make me a better player. Most importantly, I realize that you must keep the ultimate goal in mind at all times and not succumb to "this is the best I've gotten recently" and give up analyzing your position - even if you will "go down in chips" while you figure out a new table.

Not bad for a first attempt. I look forward to next year!

No comments: