Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lets talk Games!

Yes, I do still play. Got the external soundcard (re-re-re-re-)installed last night. On my laptop I use a SB Audigy NX and a set of Zalman headphones for gaming, and kicked up GuildWars to prove they still worked. Man, been a long time since I've been on.

I like the adjustments to the UI. I kicked up my E/Me, Zorn Lightwind, and cleared out some quests I had hanging from Piken Square. I like the new spell interface, showing both my cast time and that of my target. Really helped to spike'em a few times *evil grin*.

F.E.A.R. should arrive today. It's been awhile since I've looked forward to a FPS on the PC. I did enjoy Half-Life 2's graphics and continuation of the story, and Doom 3 had ID's signature graphics, but they didn't set me on fire as much as the original Half-Life or Medal of Honor.

On the Xbox my kids are now hooked on Lego Star Wars. Can't blame them. After they go to bed the wife and I are still trying to unlock the secret level. I'm also in the mines of Far Cry: Instincts - very enjoyable, awesome graphics, and good story - I'll post more about it later on.

No comments: