The application-specific access security descriptor for the COM Server application C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. The application set this security permission programmatically; to modify this security permission contact the application vendor.Up to this point I had chased all the obvious solutions, checking my user rights, groups my account was a member of, etc. which were all fine. Then I went into Component Services and found the problem.
Here's what I did;
- Navigated to /component services/computers/my computer/DCOM Config
- Selected Machine Debug Manager
- Right click, properties
- Click on the Security Tab
- Bottom of the screen, Configuration Permissions, click on the Edit... button
- Click the "Advanced button"
Things are back to normal now! Back to chasing where I muddled up this IDispatch interface.