Saturday, October 01, 2005

What did I do?

Okay, this one has me stumped.

I was doing my normal thing at work, in this case writing some DCOM on WinXP SP2 for a new product for the company. I was working in ASP for testing (final frontier for the product) and C++ (ATL). Decided I needed to get closer to the code so I banged out a ATL test file in C++, compiled, and hit Debug.

I'm working in VS2003, and it proceeds to tell me - I don't have the proper rights to debug! Okay, few googles later and I've tried all the solutions. This was working - I've been developing C# for over a year now with no issues - mostly webservices.

The only thing I had installed was the MS Script debugger (now uninstalled). Dunno what did it, but the permissions in my registry for REGISTERING com objects was fubar, had to manually fix that... anyone got any ideas??

No comments: