Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Whether you think you can...

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right
-Henry Ford

I had been in a slump in my Texas Hold-em SnG's as of late. Lost a good 90% last week, started turning around at the end of the week placing 6th out of 45. Not bad, especially going in short stacked and surviving 3 other players.

Last night, though, I was able to tighten up my game and have a few more things click. I managed to place 1st out of 27. It was a mixture of things that lead me to it, some fun hands, learning the players, etc. Mostly though, I finally sat down without defeating myself.

Last week I sat down going "Here goes another, thankfully fake, 2k" where last night I came in as "I'm going to do my best and be happy." Sounds like a bad 80s tune, I know, but it never clicked with me, till last night, how much you can defeat yourself before the first cards are dealt.

No comments: