Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Come again?

I was off reading the news when I saw an add for a "free IPOD Shuffle" from Citibank. Right, free lunch, not. Curious on the terms I went to read the Ad;
"Special Offer: FREE IPod Shuffle when you make at least $500 in purchases within the first 3 months on the Citi Professional Card with Thank You Network"
Actually, I stopped at the $500 and shot over to pricewatch. First one I hit was for $100, that didn't seem right since I know the regular IPods are more like $300. Quick swing over to Amazon $95-$125. Okay, so the $100 isn't that bad.

So, lets see what we've learned here. If I get a new credit card, and I spend enough to buy 4 or 5 of these, I'll get one free.

Um, no thanks. I'll save the $400 and buy the $100 product myself. Thank you very much!

No comments: