Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Why?

After finishing with my shower I was talking to my wife about the snow (barely a dusting) we got last night. I was looking out our back door with my youngest daughter (she's two months shy of her 2nd birthday). The deck looks bare now that we've brought in the tables and chairs that normally populate it.

"Table?" My daughter's question surprised me. I had been lost in my own thoughts.

"We put them in the garage." I answered.

"Why?" She asked.

I stared at my daughter for a little while and the only thing that came to mind to answer was 'ut-oh'. Luckily my wife started talking before I had to come up with something more coherent.

"I have to write that down. She's not even two yet!" My wife said as she went off to note the official date that our youngest started into the "Why" phase.

And so it begins....

No comments: