Monday, November 14, 2005

You did what?!

THE KID: A book?
GRANDFATHER: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books.


Sounds like what I've been hearing since my walk on Sunday. Take a moment, what's the longest walk you've done recently - say in the last year? Hiking perhaps? To the mall? Maybe just back and forth to the water cooler. I bet that didn't garner you the looks I've been getting.

On Sunday I decided that I'd skip the car and walk. I walked from my house to one of the local malls - 8 miles away. Took me two hours and I had a good time. Sunday in New England was a warm, clear day. I was even surprised to find some sidewalks I didn't know existed along the route. It was fun.

So far though, the universal answer my friends are giving me is "You did what!?" - too funny. And all I could hear was my great-grandparents saying something like the Grandfather from The Pricess Bride - "When I was your age, cars were called boots!"

No comments: