Monday, December 19, 2005

I saw movies in the theater!

Doesn't sound like much till you realize these are the only two movies I've seen in the theaters in the last six (or more, I don't want to know for sure) months. Recently the wife and I have decided we're going to sneak out at least once a month for a date, sans kids. As requested, here's a few mini-reviews!

The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Can I preorder the DVD yet? Go see it while its in the theaters! When I saw the first preview I knew we'd be going to see this one. For my son's birth I bought us the entire series and my wife got hooked. They did an awesome retelling of the story. As my wife put it; "This is how I pictured Narnia when I read the book."

Aeon Flux
We picked this one having no idea what it was about. I knew there was a series on MTV but I hadn't watched it. I hadn't seen previews, etc. And given that I had no preconceptions about it, it met them. It wasn't a bad action film. I enjoyed the story and the plot. Some things were a little transparent, but I'd expect that for an action genre. Am I rushing to get the Anime or buy the DVD? Nope, but it was good enough for getting out of the house for a few hours.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: