Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lessons from the kids...

No, I didn't fall off the edge of the world. I do a lot of my research and blogging while at work as part of my normal routine. Lately, I've been running 100+ hour test sets on our latest project which has me looking for things to do sans PC.

I noticed today my youngest Daughter doing something my eldest Daughter used to do. Each morning I get up take my shower, and get dressed for work. My youngest has decided that Daddy needs help with this and the moment I shut off the water she's in the bathroom helping me get ready.

"Towel! Dry! Socks!"

It's like having my own personal cheerleader. Not bad for an almost 2 year old. However, she does have that "Daddy you look different than Mommy" stare that still gets me. When my eldest first did this, around the same age, it struck me as interesting - up until that point I "understood" why women complained that their eyes were not on their breasts, but I had never experienced it. I'm a guy - people don't usually stare at my chest when talking to me.

My daughters, however, stared elsewhere. It was disconcerting at first, but I'm not one to miss a lesson. I'm now very aware of where I look when I talk to people. Don't know if I did it or not, but if having a 2 year-old staring south-of-the-border is unsettling I can only imagine what it feels like to have 20 or 30 year-olds doing that.

Another lesson learned from the kids. Go Kids!

1 comment:

ehrich said...

Hey are you just trying to get your slut-o-meter rating up????