Thursday, March 23, 2006

Did the world end?

I go through my normal routine, get dressed, have breakfast, etc. and I sit down and run into this headline on Slashdot;

"It's official Dell acquired Alienware" (Google News sources)

I'm not sure if that's going to make things better or worse. I've been impressed by Dell over the years, but I know many people who have the exact opposite reaction to them. Although I've been very impressed by the hardware Alienware has put out, their customer service didn't reach the "Godhood" status.

As if this wasn't weird enough news, I start reading the poker sites and run into this one at CardSquad:

"Hellmuth New Host of Celebrity Poker Showdown" (Official Press Release)

If your like me you've watched Celebrity Poker Showdown once or twice and then gotten a little bored with the level of play. It's fun to watch celeb's duke it out, but it's not going to help you improve your game watching people with the nuts check down the river.

Now imagine Phil Hellmuth commentating. *laughs* I can't help but be curious, it's a bold move. I hope it works for them.

No comments: