Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hmm, which one wins?

Funny how many things we consider normal are paradoxical...

On my town website you get the following pop-up from the electric provider:
[We are] experiencing peak use. While loss of service is unlikely, please conserve energy at this time to help keep electric rates down. Thank you!
Now, from the Weather.Gov website, for the area:
...DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND TRY TO STAY IN AN AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENT. PLEASE ALSO CHECK ON ANY ELDERLY NEIGHBORS OR FAMILY MEMBERS THAT LIVE ALONE.

* Pardon the caps, for whatever reason, Weather.gov hasn't invested in announcements with lowercase letters.
Since I work from home, do I conserve energy by not turning on the AC and muscle it out or turn on the AC to stay in the right environment? Perhaps I should call in hot to work and turn off the PC. *laughs* Yeah, I can imagine that conversation with the boss.

For what it's worth, I may not have any elderly in the house but the kids have been looking like small balls of mobile condensation so the AC is on until the T-Storms hit.

Come on T-Storms!

No comments: