Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Finaly run this year?

It's been a few months since I got out to run. Life, work, reality, weather, pick a favorite reason/excuse for why I couldn't get out, but it's been close to two months since my last run. Finally, the stars aligned so I broke out my cold run gear, grabbed the MP3 player and headed out into a brisk 50 degree fall day.

It was a nice 3 mile run. Normal mile of waking up and then the regular grind up the hill and into the last mile. That last hill always sucks. I should take a walk with the GPS some day and see what the elevation change is across my 3 mile route. It's no heartbreak-hill, but the first hill goes for about a mile steady, then the last hill is a short few hundred yard sprint, but after over two miles it is a wake up call.

I didn't expect to finish this year with "6 miles" as the high point or being able to head out and do 3 miles after a two month break. I guess that just goes to show how much things can change when you put your mind to it - or forget to. Sometimes it's your belief that you can't that makes things impossible. Distinguishing the two is a "fun life challenge".

No comments: