Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Phases, changes....

Been awhile since I talked about what's going on in the family. Truth is, with work, I've been flat out of my normal blogging time. Plenty of ideas, no time, and a forgetful streak to write them down. Been a month, what can I say.

Best one liner in the past two months: "Will you two be quiet. I'm trying to sleep."

Nope, not my wife or I. This was my eldest yelling at her parents that they were making too much noise. No, we weren't doing that, think it was our monthly pillow fight... either way, it woke up my eldest and she was a bit miffed.

She followed that up with asking the dinner table: "How does the daddy put the baby seed into the Mommy?"

Thankfully, no adults were injured during the choke moment that followed. My wife took this one and the girls went off to talk about it. The one thing I heard about it was my daughters reaction to part of the explanation: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!"

On the family side, we've entered a new phase. First, it was "What did this kid eat to make the diaper this color!?" that was followed by "Went to the sandbox today did ya? No wonder your diaper rash hurts." or "Why did you put a toy in here?". Then came the "Yes, I realize you have a portable toy there, but that doesn't mean you should be playing with it on the couch" (both of my kids ~3 *rolls eyes*)... now, we have entered the new phase....

As I empty their hamper, or am doing the laundry; "WTF put this in their pocket?" So far, the "missing thermostat sensor" has to be the winner. Thankfully, it didn't make it to the spin cycle.

No comments: