Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Come again?

Well Bill O'reilly is being himself. This quote comes from one of his discussions of gamers and seemed to be spurred by his version of getting on the PS3 bandwagon. I doubt he made may friends outside of his own circles.

My favorite from GamePolitics.com's coverage was this gem;
I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod… If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America… did you ever talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with them? …I really fear for the United States because, believe me, the jihadists? They’re not playing the video games. They’re killing real people over there.
I guess if your going to attack gamers you might as well hit geeks as well. Clearly he doesn't realize how many geeks keep his show, his car, his local ATM, his credit card, etc. running. Also, he's forgotten facts. The jihadists do use video games; wasn't in MS Flight Sim that some of them used to work on their pre 9-11 skills?

And here I thought you could only find this kind of rant on the internet. *evil grin*

No comments: