Friday, February 23, 2007

Status on the Craptop....

This is a lot funnier now that I have the new rig in place. Here's the timeline for the latest repair of the craptop. In cronologic order, otherwise the irony would be lost...
  1. Feb-07: RMA approved after proving to the tech that I indeed have a clue and a broken laptop.
  2. Feb-13: FedEx shows that they have delivered the craptop
  3. Feb-14: I get an email from Alienware telling me I have an RMA and I should ship my laptop. Um.....
  4. Feb-22: FedEx sends me an email telling me that a package has been shipped to me
  5. Feb-22: Email from Alienware saying that they are working on my laptop. Um....
  6. Feb-23: Email from Alienware saying that they fixed it and will be shipping soon
Not sure which is the more ironic: That FedEx communicates the status of Alienware better than Alienware or that I still don't know what they did to "fix" my craptop. Guess we'll find out next week. After all, I paid for an on-site 3-year agreement that must have been what guarantees my fixed laptop is always shipped ground. After 16 days, what's another 7-10?

No comments: