Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dear Verizon....

Dear Verizon,

I would like to thank you for your generous offer to have me come back to the most reliable network provider. Your $25 off of a phone offer certainly gave me reason to consider returning my 8gig iPhone. After all, getting another LG that drops more calls on your most reliable network is most compelling. Still, you can read about that on your tech support calls, so I wont rehash it here.

I would also like to congratulate you on how fast this offer got to me. I have had my new iPhone for 5 days and you have already put in your counter offer. Where was this speed and agility when my wife broke her screen on her Verizon phone? That was when you told us we had to buy her an entirely new phone as replacing the screen as just as expensive. At that point I wanted to deal, and I offered you a 2 year commitment for 2 new phones, if you could wave the 1 month left on our "new every two". You said no. Oddly enough, had you said yes, I would be locked into a contract with you instead of AT&T.

After 10 years I believe I have figured you out: You promise a reliable network, and you never promise good customer service.

I'll take my chances with AT&T.

No comments: